By Jack Dougherty, last updated February 12, 2017
Use Google Sheets (http://sheets.google.com), an easy drag-and-drop tool, to create basic interactive charts that you can embed in your website.
- Free and easy-to-learn tool on the collaborative Google Drive platform.
- Edit, share, and publish interactive charts from your data, all in one spreadsheet.
- Limited control over chart appearance.
- Scatter charts cannot show data in tooltips.
- Bubble charts cannot show small, uniform bubbles.
- Cannot cite or link to source data inside the chart.
- Cannot add annotations to highlight items inside charts.
- For more powerful tools that require more skills, see tutorials in this book on Tableau Public and Highcharts.
Follow the Google Sheet Chart tutorials in this book to create:
- Column and Bar Charts
- Pie, Line and Area Charts
- Scatter and Bubble Charts
Improve this book: Donate to DataViz students and add comments or revisions.